The school works closely with Cheshire Police to identify signs of radicalisation and extremism and refers to Prevent.
What is Prevent?
The Government has a strategy called PREVENT which aims to stop people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism.
- Main focus to prevent repeats of terrorist acts
- Respond to the ideological challenge of terrorism and the threat we face from those who promote it
- Prevent people from being drawn into terrorism and ensure they are given appropriate advice and support
- Work with sectors and institutions where there are risks of radicalisation which we need to address
- RADICALISATION – is a process by which an individual or group comes to adopt increasingly extreme political, social or religious ideals and aspirations
- TERRORISM – the unofficial or unauthorised use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims
- EXTREMISM – the holding of extreme political views.
The Government Prevent duty in full can be found by following the link below: